No matter how many times a day you vacuum your carpet, it is not going to come entirely clean. A vacuum cleaner simply cannot pull up all the dirt particles and soil that has nestled itself into the carpet. If you are looking for a way to keep your carpet extra clean then steam cleaning your carpet is the perfect way to do just that. Steam cleaning can grab hold of that dirt and soil that has been sitting in your carpet for years and leave your carpet looking practically brand new. Your carpet is sure to thank you for such a great service.
Benefits of Steam Cleaning a Carpet
Before we go into the advice when cleaning a carpet, let’s have a look at the benefits of such a service. If anyone in your home suffers from allergies then steam cleaning is going to be the best method of carpet cleaning to extract all those little dust mites and dirt particles that are causing your allergies to act up. Because of the heat, steam cleaning is known to eliminate dust mites, fungi and even viruses.
Advice When Steam Cleaning a Carpet
Whether you are tackling the project yourself or you are a professional looking for some guidance and tips on steam cleaning a carpet, here are some tips and solid advice that will help you along the way.
• The first thing you need to do is remove all furnishings from the room in which you plan on cleaning. If you are unable to remove all the furniture from the room, be sure to shift the furniture around so that you can get to each part of the carpet.
If you have to do this, be sure to place some plastic on the furniture legs and feet to ensure that your furnishings don’t get stained from the cleaner during the cleaning process.
• Never get the carpet too wet. In addition, you should never get too much cleaner on the carpet. Check to ensure the proper proportion of cleaner and water prior to spraying your carpet.
• Be sure to steam clean every square inch of the carpet. Don’t miss a spot, as it will look incredibly funny!
• Have some fans handy to run after you finish steam cleaning the carpet in a particular room. The evaporation of the water that is still trapped within the carpet will be sped up significantly due to the air movement.
• Try your best not to re-enter the cleaned room until the carpet has had time to dry completely and thoroughly. If you must re-enter the room, make certain that you have a pair of clean shoes so that you do not re-soil the recently cleaned carpet prematurely.
It is recommended to have your carpet cleaned – by yourself or a professional – at least every couple of years, but if you suffer from allergies, you should have it done at least once a year. If you’d like, you can do it more often – that’s up to you – to make sure that your carpet stays refreshingly clean.